Here is a round-up of Remembrance Day stories from around Saskatchewan and Manitoba that you might have missed.
Remembrance Day stories from Manitoba
- Military mementoes given away as generations age, lose connection with those who served
- ‘I wanted adventure’: Manitoba veteran reflects on his time serving in WWII
- Manitoba’s Ukrainian community holding first Remembrance Day close to heart
- RCAF to conduct flypasts for National Indigenous Veterans Day
- Blanket of poppies decorates the inside and outside of a Manitoba legion
- Vintage fighter airframe to be restored in U.K.
- Centenarian vets remain humble about their roles in Second World War
- Historian hunts for photo of Manitoba soldier
- ‘So heartwarming’: students honour veterans at cemetery event
Other Remembrance Day stories from around Saskatchewan
- Saskatoon native deployed to Baltic Sea continuing family legacy of military service
- Former Grand Chief reflects on National Indigenous Veterans Day
- Sask. school Remembrance assemblies held ‘to make sure that those stories continue to be told’
- Ahtakakoop veteran sees Remembrance Day as time of reflection
- Ruth Schultz, 102 years of age, considers it a ‘great honour’ to be named the War Mother for the Weyburn Legion on Nov. 11.
- FSIN’s Lerat honours, remembers Indigenous vets
- Estevan RCMP officer proud to have served his country
- Métis veterans honoured despite inclement weather
- Veteran Tammy Monteyne, who hails from Estevan, enjoys retirement after almost 34 years of service
- St. Walburg honours veterans with banners, storytelling
- Sunningdale students remember Canadian fallen soldiers in the Afghan War
- Only two WWII vets still in Moose Jaw, under 100 in Sask., legion estimates
- Invermay veteran shares Second World War experiences
Important work at a critical time.
Over the last 20 years, on the Prairies and beyond, local newsrooms have shrunk, which means not much investigative journalism gets done in Saskatchewan and Manitoba. The Flatlander is changing this.
Will you support our work today?